Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Alter

The alter at a ceremony site can look simple to do, 
but sometimes its not. 

For instance

Aisle runners....
These can be tricky. If they are crooked, its noticable. 
And how do you keep it down?
You don't want your wedding party to trip, or the bride to get caught.



For the alter set up above, the runner was very long. 
The bride and groom did not know how long it would be so they left it to me to decide 
when I went to set up.
I discovered there was a lot of runner to go around, so I decide to do it up the steps as well.
With how centered the church was (with the cross right smack dab in the middle there) 
I figured that it just made it look so much more beautiful on the eyes rather then just 
stopping before the steps. 

I thought it looked amazing. 

As you can see. It doesn't look too straight (on the steps). 
I literally did this 4 times to get it just right. 
I never took a finally picture of the finished look (I was too busy), but it looked great. 
I also swapped out the brides table cloths on the two tables (which were short and showed the table legs) out for bigger ones that I asked he Pastor for. 
Not all churches will be so accommodating, but I was lucky to have the option in this case. 

We taped it down at the "important" areas with clear duct tape. The most important parts being at the doorway where the bridesmaids and bride entered, and up the steps. 
Extra tape! 

There were also tealights highlighting the whole stage, which looked beautiful. 
I thought this was a very elegant ceremony set up. 

After the processional, and after the doors had closed, 
I peeked into the door crack to see how it all looked. 
It was unbelievable. 
I generally don't get "floored" by stuff like that, but this looked picture perfect to me. 

Lori and Aaron Beal had a beautiful wedding.
Small, elegant and tasteful. 
Pictures to follow soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment